Visconti shook the fountain pen industry with a breakthrough both in design and use of materials when the original Homo Sapiens Bronze Age was launched. Carved from pure basaltic lava and enriched with resin materials, the pen encompasses the strength of ancient powers, juxtaposing its volcanic nature to a soft and smooth writing experience thanks to its 18kt gold nib. This award-winning writing tool was followed by the Homo Sapiens Dark Age designed with black ruthenium trims.
Today, the Homo Sapiens collection is still one of Visconti's signature writing instruments. Virtually unbreakable and naturally hygroscopic, the Homo Sapiens now comes in the "Magma" edition featuring red trims symbolizing the eruption of molten lava through the volcanos passageways. The glossy metal red trims give a fiery contrast against the matte black lava of the pen's body.
Visconti Homo Sapiens Magma Details:
- Lava has some incredible qualities making it the perfect material for writing instruments.
- Virtually unbreakable: high degree of resilience
- Flame-proof: heat resistance to heat over 100°C
- Slightly hygroscopic: absorbs moisture during use
- Dense to the touch: comfortable to grip and relaxing to write with
Visconti Homo Sapiens Fountain Pen - Magma - Broad Point Specifications:
- Finish: Volcanic Lava and Steel
- Trim: Red
- Cap: Screw-cap
- Filling Mechanism: Vacuum Power Filler
- Nib: Palladium 18kt, Black ruthenium plating
- Can be customized with the magnetized MyPen System
- Length Closed: 5.7in (145.7mm)
- Length Posted: 6.7in (170.3mm)
- Weight: 2.3oz (64g)
- Gift boxed