Every pen enthusiast knows that when they've found the right pen, the moment the nib touches paper is like magic. This experience is the focus of Leonardo Officina's collection, called the "Momento Magico." After much experimentation in their workshop based in Naples, Italy, Leonardo introduces their most affordable, piston-filling fountain pen yet.
The Leonardo Momento Magico has a 1.5ml capacity with a large ink window to view the current ink level. You can even see the ink window while the pen is capped. When using Leonardo's piston removal tool (sold separately), you may disassemble the piston mechanism from the body to fully clean and maintenance the pen.
The Momento Magico is similar in shape and style to the original Momento Zero with a few alterations. Instead of concentric cap rings, the Magico has a central band perforated with geometric art detail. The grip section has a shape that gently tapers and flares out at the end. Leonardo outfits all Magico fountain pens with a no. 6 size nib made by Jowo (Germany).
Leonardo Officina Italiana Momento Magico Fountain Pen Specifications
- Edition: 2021 Standard Edition
- Pen Body Material: Marbled Italian acrylic
- Pen Length Closed: 5.71 in. / 145mm
- Pen Length Open, Cap Off: 5.16 in. / 131mm
- Pen Length Posted: 6.65 in. / 169mm
- Diameter at Section: 0.42 in. – 0.47 in. / 10.7 – 12 mm
- Diameter (Barrel): 0.49 in. / 12.5mm
- Total Weight: 0.7 oz. / 19.8g
- Nib: Stainless Steel, #6 size made by Jowo
- Filling Mechanism: Internal piston mechanism, 1.5ml capacity. Fills by bottled ink only (not included, sold separately)
- Cap: Unscrews with one full turn
- Gift Boxed
- Made in Italy
- Includes a full lifetime mechanical warranty