Crafted from solid aluminum, Schon DSGN's classic, machined ballpoint pen is built to outlast its owner. This heirloom-quality writing instrument has a minimalist, utility-driven design with a hard-wearing, industrial look. The cylindrical cap unscrews in one full turn to reveal a long grip section that is one solid piece with the barrel. Screw the cap on the backend of the barrel when writing to extend the pen to a full-sized length.
At the heart of the Schon DSGN ballpoint pen is the pressurized Fisher Space Pen refill, allowing the pen to write upside down, underwater, in extreme temperatures, and (if you get the opportunity) in space! A set screw in the back of the barrel keeps the refill in place. To exchange the refill once empty, use the clip's tip like a flathead screwdriver to remove the set screw and exchange the refill.
Schon DSGN pens are engineered and built by Ian Schon in his Philadelphia workshop. Each pen is packed in a clear, plastic clamshell box with a foam insert to keep the pen stationary in shipping.
Schon DSGN Classic Machined Ballpoint Pen Specifications
- Pen Material: Black Aluminum
- Compatible Refill: Fisher Pressurized SPR Ballpoint Refill (Black, medium point installed) - writes upside down, underwater, in extreme temperatures.
- Pen Length, closed: 4.0 in. / 101.6mm
- Pen Length, open, cap off: 3.88 in. / 98.5mm
- Pen Length, open, cap posted: 5.71 in. / 145mm
- Pen Diameter, barrel: 0.47 in. / 12mm
- Pen Diameter, section: 0.33 in. / 8.5mm
- Pen Total Weight: 1.1 oz. / 31.18g
- Made in Philadelphia, PA, USA