The P-47 Thunderbolt pen is designed after the most popular World War II U.S. fighter plane with over 15,000 units produced. It was known for its heavy artillery that successfully served in offensive air-to-air combat plus skillful ground attack. Its rugged construction allowed it to withstand battle damage and still remain airworthy. The Tornado emulates the P-47 with its acid-etched rivets and paneling on the barrel and painted with the striking red, yellow and green color scheme. It's emblazoned with the nose art of the 352nd Fighter Group's P-47 nicknamed "Dallas Blonde," and complete with antique silver trim and matching checkered finial.
Go for the ultimate "retro" writing experience with the Retro 1951 Torando fountain pen. Styled in the tapered design and metal accents as the popular Tornado rollerball, the fountain pen mode allows the writer to have an intimate and personalized experience with their writing.
Find a point size that best suits your handwriting style. In 2019, Retro 51 upgraded their nib units to Jowo #6 size stainless steel and have a more comfortable, contoured section to hold. Choose between using international size ink cartridges or fill with any bottled fountain pen ink using the included converter.
The body and cap of the Tornado fountain pen has a metal base, which gives it a weighted feel in hand. The knurled metal finial decoration and punched clip design takes on the style of the Tornado collection.Retro 1951 P-47 Thunderbolt Fountain Pen Specifications
- Edition: 2022 Standard Collection
- Body and Cap Finish: Acid etched with printed graphics over metal base
- Trims: Antique Silver
- Nib: Jowo #6 size stainless steel nib
- Filling System: International Cartridge or Converter (Included)
- Pen Length Capped: 5.38 in. / 136.7mm
- Pen Length Open (Uncapped): 4.96 in. / 125.9mm
- Pen Length with Cap Posted: 6.2 in. / 157.6mm
- Diameter Body: 0.46 in. / 11.8mm
- Diameter Grip Section: 0.36 in. / 9.1mm
- Weight: 1.2oz / 34g
- Packaged in a Graphic Tube that doubles as a single pen stand.