My shopping cart
Your cart is currently empty.Continue Shopping
You might have missed our live pen trivia quiz show on our YouTube channel when it broadcast on Friday, May 4th. We get it. The workplace tends to frown upon streaming video feeds about pens during work hours. And, you might still need that paycheck to splurge on a new pen later. Fortunately, that doesn't mean you missed out on participating in the quiz. You may still have a chance to win the Aurora Optima anniversary flex fountain pen or the Pilot Vanishing Point "Stormtrooper" fountain pen by answering our trivia questions that challenge your nib knowledge. However, if you're reading this after May 10th, 2018, then you will be out of luck because that's when we are officially closing entries for this giveaway.
Friday morning, we got together with our pen pal and fellow YouTube "pentertainer" PenBoyRoy for a Live quiz show about pens. This was our first time doing such a show, so please pardon the technical difficulties we had to work out.
To enter for a chance to win the Pilot Vanishing Point "Stormtrooper" white lacquer with black trim fountain pen, you have to answer all 10 of Tom's questions correctly and e-mail your response to email@example.com by Thursday, May 10th at 11:59 PM Eastern Time. On Friday, May 11th, we will randomly select a first place winner for the pen and will do a runner-up that will receive some notebooks and other goodies from Itoya.
Watch the video below or scroll down to see the transcript of all the quiz questions.
In case you had missed the questions on the video, here they are:
ANSWERS ARE IN GREEN
1. What pen brand's signature design element is a white snowflake on the top of the cap?
2. What kind of ink was the Declaration of Independence written with?
A. Pelikan 4001 Brilliant Black
B. Noodler's Baystate Blue
C. Iron Gall
3. What type of liquid mechanics allows a fountain pen to write?
A. Capillary Action
B. Archimedes Principle
C. The Carbonaro Effect
4. Which book was written using a fountain pen?
A. "The Hunger Games"
B. "The Adventures of Huckleberry Finn"
C. "Fire and Fury: Inside the Trump White House"
5. When was the Lamy 2000 introduced?
6. Which Pen Brand is known as "America's Original Pen Company?"
7. Which quality of an ink will make it reflect a different color on paper?
8. Which pens are *not* made in the U.S.A.?
A. Edison Pens
B. Franklin-Christoph Pens
C. Parker Pens
9. Which of the following is not the name of a nib produced by Sailor, Japan?
B. Hyperflex Chromium Fusion-touch
C. Nagahara King Eagle
10. Which is the largest size of Pelikan Souveran Pen?
A. Souveran 100,000
B. Souveran 605
C. Souveran 1000
To enter for a chance to win the PenBoyRoy's Aurora Optima Anniversary Flex Nib fountain pen in dark blue, you would have to answer his set of questions to the best of your ability and e-mail it to firstname.lastname@example.org by the same deadline. The winner for Roy's questions will be selected separately from the winner for the Pilot VP.
Here is the list of Roy's quiz questions:
1. Which musical cataloging term is used in the branding of a pen?
2. Of the following pens, which is the most inaccurately described?
A. Homo Sapiens described as "Italian Made"
B. Bexley: "made in Liverpool, England"
C. Noodler's Pens smell like an infected scab.
1- the intro text.
2- the quote to the text
“Der Zukunft Junge” translates to “the Future Boy”
3- Personal remorse and anger after destroying the victims pen.
1- when wifey comes home the chalk board reads “Er wieder Da” translates to “He is here again”. Then underneath it, it reads “into me! Ha!”
2- phone call: the intruder unlocks the victims cellphone with the print reader and unlocks it.
3- during call, wife said “YOU said I can buy a Louis Vuitton bag.”
4- Personal feeling of sympathy after putting the victim out by fixing the victim’s hat.
4. Of the pen brands, which are associated with the term "Edelhertz?"
5. The distributor and entity known as Yafa is known as the owner of which brand of pens?
6. Which of the following pens use the "power filler?"
A. TWSBI Vac 700R
B. Visconti Homo Sapiens Florentine Hills Limited Edition
C. Pilot Custom 823
7. Which of the following statements is least incorrect?
A. Edison pens are handmade in Milan, OH by Brian Gray using materials such as ebonite, celluloid, acrylic nitrate in various colors and designs.
B. Of all pen materials, the most commonly used materials are those found in volcanoes from Mt. Etna called salty Basaltic lava.
C. The Pilot Vanishing point is engineered to have the convenience of a ballpoint pen utilizing a click mechanism with the writing experience of a well-made fountain pen using a 14kt gold nib.
D. Sailor and Taccia are two brands that share the entity known as Itoya in common.