Inspired by the famous abolitionist, Frederick Douglass, this Retro 51 fountain pen has a tactile, engraved texture complemented with antique copper trim. At the top disc of the cap is an illustrated portrait of the Frederick Douglass.
In 2019, Retro 51 upgraded their fountain pen nib units to Jowo #6 size stainless steel and have a more comfortable, contoured section to hold. Choose between using international size ink cartridges or fill with any bottled fountain pen ink using the included converter.
This engraved, stonewashed barrel has a great feel in hand. The knurled metal finial decoration and punched clip design takes on the style of the Tornado collection.
Retro 1951 Douglass Fountain Pen Specifications
- Body and Cap Finish: Engraved with stonewashed pewter finish
- Top disc illustration of Frederick Douglass/li>
- Trims: Antique Copper
- Nib: Jowo #6 size stainless steel nib
- Filling System: International Cartridge or Converter (Included)
- Pen Length Capped: 5.38 in. / 136.7mm
- Pen Length Open (Uncapped): 4.96 in. / 125.9mm
- Pen Length with Cap Posted: 6.2 in. / 157.6mm
- Diameter Body: 0.46 in. / 11.8mm
- Diameter Grip Section: 0.36 in. / 9.1mm
- Weight: 1.2oz / 34g
- Packaged in a matching Graphic Tube that doubles as a single pen stand.