To celebrate the Platinum Jubilee of Queen Elizabeth II, Parker commissioned a special edition Sonnet design. 2022 marks 70 years since Elizabeth ascended the throne. She is the first British monarch to reach this milestone. Since Parker holds a Royal Warrant - meaning the company is recognized to have supplied pens to Her Majesty the Queen - it's logical that Parker should go all-out with a pen worthy of the occasion.
The Queen's Jubilee Sonnet has a barrel lacquered in sapphire blue with an engraved cap made from palladium-coated 925 sterling silver, trimmed in 23kt gold appointments. The sapphire blue barrel is inspired by the precious stones of St. Edwards' and Imperial State Crowns which, together with the woven engraved cap design, gives a distinctly regal appearance. Pulling off the silver cap reveals the golden grip section and exquisite 18kt gold nib stamped with a commemorative 70th Jubilee design. The fountain pen fills by Parker's proprietary cartridge or converter (both included).
Parker Sonnet Queen's 70th Jubilee Fountain Pen Specifications
- Edition: 2022 Special Edition
- Pen Material: 925 sterling silver cap with gold trim. Pen barrel lacquered in sapphire blue.
- Nib Material: 18kt gold in fine or medium point size.
- Filling System: Parker proprietary cartridge or converter (both included)
- Packaged in a Parker Gift Box
- Made in France