The Opus 88 Omar fountain pen is a large eyedropper-filled pen with a piston operated shut-off valve. The resin barrel of this pen is transparent, allowing you to see your ink level. The cap is also completely transparent. The pen features a crystal clear resin finial and piston knob, a silver clip, and a silver stainless steel #6 JoWo nib. It also comes with a glass eyedropper to fill the pen with your favorite ink. An ebonite piston and rubber gasket seals the feed off from the barrel when fully depressed, reducing the risk of leakage and burping. By unscrewing the blind cap and loosening the rod at the rear of the barrel, you open up the ink flow to the feed. During long writing sessions, leave the shut-off valve open to take advantage of the impressive ink capacity.
Opus 88 OMAR Fountain Pen Specifications
- Pen Material: Cap crafted from clear resin, body and section are a transparent resin. Cap finial and blind cap are crafted from clear resin.
- Nib: Stainless steel #6 size Jowo nib with plastic feed
- Filling System: Eyedropper (includes glass eyedropper) with shut-off valve to safeguard against leakage.
- Pen Length Closed: 5.89 in. / 149.5mm
- Pen Length Open (Cap Off): 5.33 in. / 135.5mm
- Pen Length Open (Cap Posted): 7.11 in. / 180.5mm
- Pen Body Max Diameter: 0.55 in. / 14mm
- Pen Grip Section Diameter: 0.43 in. / 11mm
- Pen Total Weight: 1.19 oz / 34g
- Ink Capacity: ~3.5ml
- Gift boxed with instruction booklet
- Made in Taiwan