The Opus 88 Omar fountain pen is a large eyedropper-filled pen with a piston operated shut-off valve. The colored barrel of this pen is translucent, allowing you to see your ink level. The cap design permits a multi-layered view inside the design. The pen features an solid color resin finial and piston knob, a silver clip, and a silver stainless steel #6 nib. It also comes with a glass eyedropper to fill the pen with your favorite ink. An ebonite piston and rubber gasket seals the feed off from the barrel when fully depressed, reducing the risk of leakage and burping. By unscrewing the blind cap and loosening the rod at the rear of the barrel, you open up the ink flow to the feed. During long writing sessions, leave the shut-off valve open to take advantage of the impressive ink capacity.
Opus 88 OMAR Fountain Pen Specifications
- Pen Material: Translucent and opaque resins.
- Nib: Stainless steel #6 nib with plastic feed
- Filling System: Eyedropper (includes glass eyedropper) with shut-off valve to safeguard against leakage.
- Pen Length Closed: 5.89 in. / 149.5mm
- Pen Length Open (Cap Off): 5.33 in. / 135.5mm
- Pen Length Open (Cap Posted): 7.11 in. / 180.5mm
- Pen Body Max Diameter: 0.55 in. / 14mm
- Pen Grip Section Diameter: 0.43 in. / 11mm
- Pen Total Weight: 1.19 oz / 34g
- Ink Capacity: ~3.5ml
- Gift boxed with instruction booklet
- Made in Taiwan