The Opus 88 Bela fountain pen is a large eyedropper-filled pen with a piston operated shut-off valve. The colored barrel of this pen is blue mixed with black and green resin that is reminiscent of a pond. The cap is made of the same individual resin with different shades of the colour the pen comes in. The pen features an ivory resin finial and piston knob, a black clip, and a silver stainless steel #6 nib. It also comes with a glass eyedropper to fill the pen with your favorite ink. An ebonite piston and rubber gasket seals the feed off from the barrel when fully depressed, reducing the risk of leakage and burping. By unscrewing the blind cap and loosening the rod at the rear of the barrel, you open up the ink flow to the feed. During long writing sessions, leave the shut-off valve open to take advantage of the impressive ink capacity.
Opus 88 BELA Fountain Pen Specifications
Pen Material: Crafted from swirling marbled acrylic. Cap finial and blind cap are crafted from black and white resin.
- Nib: Stainless steel #6 size Bock nib with plastic feed
- Filling System: Eyedropper (includes glass eyedropper) with shut-off valve to safeguard against leakage.
- Pen Length Closed: 5.89 in. / 149.5mm
- Pen Length Open (Cap Off): 5.33 in. / 135.5mm
- Pen Length Open (Cap Posted): 6.85 in. / 174mm
- Pen Body Max Diameter: 0.63 in. / 16mm
- Pen Grip Section Diameter: 0.45 in. / 11.5mm
- Pen Total Weight: 1.19 oz / 34g
- Ink Capacity: ~3.5ml
- Gift boxed with instruction booklet
- Made in Taiwan