The black plum tree ("ume") is highly revered in Japanese culture. Very similar to the cherry blossom "sakura," the plum blossom heralds the coming spring season. In spite of the winter cold, plum blossoms come to life in February. For this hardiness, they have become symbolic of good health, fortitude, and overcoming adversity. Sheaffer embodies these qualities into the durable design of a fountain pen.
Sheaffer silkscreened an elegant illustration of black plum blossoms on the black lacquered body and cap of this elegant fountain pen. A polished chrome clip, trim rings, grip section, and stainless steel nib complement the pen's simplicity. The cartridge/converter- filling fountain pen (both included) has a steel nib in medium point only.
Sheaffer Three Friends of Winter Fountain Pen in Black Plum
- Edition: 2011 Special Edition
- Pen Material: Silkscreen design over lacquered brass.
- Trims: Polished Chrome
- Nib: Stainless Steel in medium point only.
- Filling Mechanism: cartridge / converter (Sheaffer proprietary, both included with the pen)
- Pen Length Closed (Capped): 5.47 in. / 139mm
- Pen Length Open (Cap Off): 4.72 in. / 120mm
- Pen Length Open (Cap Posted): 5.71 in. / 145mm
- Barrel Diameter (max) : 0.39 in. / 10mm
- Section Diameter : 0.34 in. - 0.38 in. / 8.7mm - 9.7mm
- Pen total weight: 1oz. / 28.35g
- Gift boxed with a limited lifetime warranty