The Discovery shuttle embodies the 30-year history of human space flight from 1981 to 2011 and is on display at the James S. McDonnell Space Hangar. This Retro 51 Tornado rollerball pen is etched and printed with details borrowed from this accomplished space-faring vehicle. Glossy black accents perfect this stellar pen design.
Each pen in the Tornado Smithsonian collection has the Smithsonian name engraved on the top ring below the knurled twist-top. A serial number (not limited) is also engraved on the ring. The top disc features the Smithsonian logo. Each pen includes an educational insert that tells the history of each writing instrument design.
Retro 51 Tornado Smithsonian Shuttle Discovery Rollerball Pen Specifications
- Edition: Open numbered edition. Each piece is numbered but not limited to a particular number of total pieces in this edition.
- Finish: Acid-etched with printed details from the space shuttle
- Trim: Glossy black metal accents
- Knurled twist-top with the edition number engraved on the top ring.
- Refill: Rollerball Refill REF5P/REF57P, can also adapt to Ballpoint Conversion REF71 Easy Flow (sold separately)
- Smithsonian Logo printed on the top disc
- Pen Length: 5 in. / 125mm
- Pen Barrel Diameter: 0.45 in. / 12mm
- Pen Weight: 1 oz / 28g
- Matching graphic tube packaging.