Sydney is the capital of New South Wales and the most populous city in Australia. Long before Europeans arrived in 1788, the Aboriginal peoples lived in Sydney for thousands of years. Sydney's fame sparkles from the blue Harbour waters and extends over hundreds of kilometers of scenic coastline. Known for its abundance in wildlife and World Heritage-listed sites, the region is suffering from the worst wildfire season in Australia's history.
Starting in late July 2019, over 17 million acres of Australia burned - 10 times the area that burned in California in 2018. Sydney's neighboring Blue Mountains Heritage Area lost 20% of its area to the flames. An estimated 1 billion animals died with devastating long-term effects on delicate ecosystems. Sydney canceled many outdoor sporting events and activities due to the hazardous air quality caused by the smoke. And the fires continue blazing amid record-setting heat waves.
Goldspot Pens collaborated with Retro 51 back in the summer of 2019 to design the Sydney Skyline rollerball pen as an extension of the Tornado "Skyline" pens. We could not have predicted the devastation that would place Australia at the front of the world's hearts and minds. However, this gives us an opportunity to do some good. For the sale of every Retro 51 Sydney Pen, Goldspot & Retro 51 will donate 10% of the proceeds to The Trustee for NSW Rural Fire Service & Brigades Donations Fund.
This limited edition Retro 51 Tornado Rollerball pen is screen printed in a colorful palette with highlights of Sydney's most famous landmarks. These highlights include the Sydney Opera House, Sydney Harbour Bridge, Sydney Tower, 1 Blight Street, Chifley Tower, Aurora Place, AMP Centre, Deutsche Bank Place, World Tower, Queen Victoria Building, St. Mary's Cathedral, and the Sydney Government House. When the lights go out, the Skyline Pen glows in the dark. Each pen is individually numbered on the top ring. The top disc on the knurled twist knob features an illustration of a dingo with the colors of the Australian flag. Each pen is packaged in a commemorative tube with matching artwork.
Retro 51 x Goldspot Pens Exclusive Sydney Skyline Limited Edition Rollerball Pen Details
- Limited Edition of 439 pieces worldwide, individually numbered on the top ring. The number significant to the measurement (in feet) of the Sydney Harbor Bridge above sea level.
- The wrap-around barrel design features a detailed illustration of the Sydney skyline
- Chrome accents, clip, and knurled twist-top.
- Illustration of a dingo with the Australian flag on the top disc
- Glow in the dark to reveal a night-time skyline.
- Smooth-writing REF5P black ink rollerball refill installed. Can also use Easy-Flow 9000 ballpoint refills (sold separately).
- Packaged in a matching commemorative tube.
- 10% of the profits will be donated to the The Trustee for NSW Rural Fire Service & Brigades Donations Fund.
Please note there is a limit of 1 pen per customer. Goldspot Pens reserves the right to cancel any orders from individuals who will be purchasing the pen to later sell for profit while using our intellectual property, including images and descriptions.