Brad Oldham and Christy Coltrin are a husband-and-wife team who create place-making sculpture for communities, companies, and collectors across the country. They thrive on the challenge of articulating the personalities of diverse locations and events while ensuring the uniqueness of each installation, which often becomes a cherished community icon. While most of their narrative work is monumental in scale, they also enjoy making intimate, small-scale sculptures to allow viewers to incorporate a piece of the story into their daily lives. The "Stacked Friends" pen design is a collaboration between these artists and the Retro 51 team, incorporating images from a dozen different public art installations into the acid-etched, stonewashed pewter body of the Tornado rollerball pen.
National recognition and accolades: In 2016, Brad was named the first-ever Artist of the Year by the Dallas Convention and Visitors Bureau. In 2011, the Texas Society of Architects recognized Brad with their prestigious Artisan Award and heralded him as the Artist/ Craftsman of the Year for the American Institute for Architects. In 2010, the Americans for the Arts included his $1.4 million installation, The Traveling Man, in its prestigious Year in Review program. You can find more information about the artists' work at bradoldham.com
Retro 1951 Tornado "Stacked Friends" Rollerball Pen Specifications
- Edition: Numbered edition of 300 pieces. Collaboration with Dallas-based sculptors Brad Oldham and Christy Coltrin
- Finish: Acid-Etched, stonewashed pewter barrel
- Trim: Polished chrome
- Knurled twist-top
- Refill: Rollerball Refill REF5P/REF57P, can also adapt to Ballpoint Conversion REF71 Easy Flow (sold separately)
- Duck illustration graphic top disc
- Pen Length: 5 in. / 125mm
- Pen Barrel Diameter: 0.45 in. / 12mm
- Pen Weight: 1 oz / 28g
- Matching commemorative graphic tube packaging.
- Limit of one per household, please.