For many Americans, getting behind the wheel of their first car is more like a rite of passage. The first car is a vehicle of independence. No more asking the parents for rides to school, work, or the movies. There is a certain feeling of finally having your own wheels — fueled by freedom, adventure, and the excitement of the road ahead.
This Tornado rollerball pen was inspired by the first Mustangs to hit the roads in 1964 with elements acid-etched on the barrel and then printed with further detail and complete with a Poppy Red paint job accentuated by the polished chrome trim. Each pen is engraved with its LE number and then topped with the hubcap on the finial. They are packaged in a gift tube with a label picturing Brian, (Retro 1951's CEO's late brother) photographed next to his "First Ride" - a '66 Mustang packed with a 289. This pen is built to write. So, buckle up!
Retro 1951 Tornado Popper Limited Edition "First Ride" Rollerball Pen Specifications
- Limited Edition of 1289 pieces (Significant to 289 cubic inch engine)
- Limited Edition number engraved on the top ring of each pen.
- Standard Tornado Rollerball Pen Size, Pen Length: 5.11 in. / 129.5mm
- Pen Material: Stainless steel with printed graphics
- Pen Trim: Polished Chrome
- Top Disc imprint - Hub Cap graphic
- Matching commemorative packaging tube
- Smooth writing retractable rollerball pen uses the cap less rollerball type refill REF5P
- May be converted to use an easy flow 9000 ballpoint type refill cartridge (sold separately)
- Limit of two pens per household.