Comic book and aviation fans alike will fall in love with this Big Shot rollerball pen depicting Cliff Secord’s infamous “Blind Bulldog” stunt plane! Flying straight off of the pages, this striking yellow and black design features comic-accurate markings and a propellers top disc. In a departure from Retro 51’s other airplane pens, the engine faces the opposite direction to better resemble the Blind Bulldog’s iconic snub-nosed design. Limited Edition of 800. Each pen is numbered on the top ring and comes packaged in a custom black tube with gold foil stamped art!
Brought to life in 1982 by writer / artist Dave Stevens, "The Rocketeer" is an exciting and beautifully illustrated homage to the Saturday matinee serial heroes from the 1930s through the 1950s. The story goes: In 1938 Los Angeles, Cliff Secord, a local racing pilot and barnstormer, discovers a rocket pack hidden by two gangsters fleeing the police. When he decides to take it for a spin, his life is turned upside down – in more ways than one! Cliff's pulpy adventures are set in Los Angeles and New York, and Stevens gave them a retro, nostalgic feel influenced by the King of the Rocket Men and Commando Cody movie serials, as well as pinup diva Bettie Page.
Retro 51 Big Shot "The Blind Bulldog" Rollerball Pen Specifications
- 2022 Officially Licensed, Limited Edition of 800 pieces
- Barrel: Acid-etched, color-printed
- Accents: Black and Yellow lacquered metal trims
- Top Disc: Airplane propellers
- Pen Refill: REF5P or REF57P Capless Rollerball Refill (Short Schmidt Rollerball Cartridge). May also use Parker-Style ballpoint type cartridges (REF71 and REF77), sold separately.
- Pen Length: 5 in. / 125mm
- Pen Diameter (Max): 0.57 in. / 14.5mm
- Pen Weight: 1.4 oz. / 40g
- Packaged in a matching commemorative tube with gold foil.