Pizza is sacred to those who grow up and live in the New York and New Jersey metropolitan area. Once you've tasted the various family-owned, Italian pizzerias, a frozen pizza or chain pizza restaurant will be unpalatable. This Goldspot-exclusive Retro 51 Tornado pen design pays tribute to all the Mom and Pop pizza places with a barrel design that incorporates classic imagery from pizza boxes.
Central to the design is the jolly, mustachioed pizza chef giving his seal of approval. He is surrounded by icons of fresh ingredients - basil leaves, garlic, tomato, and the Italian "lucky pepper." The red cornicelli is reminiscent of a chili pepper and is often worn or hung to protect against the malocchio ("evil eye") and bad luck. The traditional red, white, and green of the Italian flag are represented throughout the pen's coloring. The textured white base and matte clear coat mimic the feel of a pizza box in your hands.
Retro 1951 Tornado Pizza Rollerball Pen Specifications
- Edition: Regular edition. Not numbered or limited. Exclusive to Goldspot Pens
- Finish: Pizza box graphic design printed with matte white texture base and matte clear coat.
- Trim: Matte green metal accents
- Knurled twist-top
- Refill: Rollerball Refill REF5P/REF57P, can also adapt to Ballpoint Conversion REF71 Easy Flow (sold separately)
- Pizza graphic top disc
- Pen Length: 5 in. / 125mm
- Pen Barrel Diameter: 0.45 in. / 12mm
- Pen Weight: 1 oz / 28g
- Matching graphic tube packaging.