Named after one of the most colorful semi-precious gemstones, the Lamy AL-Star special edition of 2020 is bright with a colorful aqua blue finish called Turmaline. The anodized aluminum body and cap have a satin metallic finish that amplifies the rich color of this pen. A polished chrome metal wire clip attaches with ease to your pocket or pen loop.
The AL-Star fountain pen takes its body shape and design from the ever-popular starter pen, the Safari. The aluminum finish adds a higher degree of distinction. The translucent, molded grip section guides fingers to their proper position while allowing a sneak peek into the inner workings of the pen. The LZ50 nib is a reliable performer with a smooth flow that tends to lay down a broader line than other Western-style nibs. While the AL-Star fountain pen only includes one blue ink cartridge to start, you may opt to fill the pen with bottled ink using the LZ24/LZ28 converter (sold separately). The cutout on the side of the barrel allows one to see the remaining ink in the pen. *Please note that all Lamy pens are tested with Lamy blue ink and often have traces of the ink color on the feed and nib when shipped to customers.*
Lamy AL-Star Turmaline Special Edition Fountain Pen Specifications
- Edition: Special Edition 2020
- Pen Material: Anodized aluminum body and cap with translucent plastic front section grip.
- Nib: Stainless steel LZ50SL nib.
- Filling Mechanism: Cartridge/Converter (Lamy LT10 ink cartridge included), LZ24/28 converter compatible, not included
- Pen Length - Capped: 5.5 in. / 139.5mm
- Pen Length - Open, Cap Removed: 5.1 in. / 130mm
- Pen Length - Open, Cap Posted: 6.6 in. / 167mm
- Pen Body Diameter: 0.5 in. / 12.8mm
- Section Diameter: 0.4 in. / 9mm
- Pen Total Weight: 0.8oz / 22g
- Boxed in a no-frills, Lamy cardboard pen tube.
- Made in Germany