The Italians have a saying - la dolce vita. It's a way of living, appreciating the finer things in life and making it as sweet as can be. We tend to agree that the best days are ones filled with pleasure and the best pens we make represent the same philosophy. The fourth release in their Sparkle Etsie edition, Cosmic Wine. Like the others Cosmic Wine is limited to Oversized Fountain Pen.
Made with DiamondCast, this pen is an elegant representation of long walks in the vineyard and picnics in the Summer. A deep burgundy body sparkles against the gold trim, giving this pen a luxurious feel while still being a pen you want to use everyday.
The Estie has a powerful silhouette and understated design with a tapered profile and sleek pocket clip. The high-grade acrylic resin body and cap have a vintage appeal. The generous size and feel of this pen are heightened by the cushion cap closure that keeps your nib writing fresh every time.
Speaking of the nib, a no. 6 size stainless steel, German-made nib flows beautifully right out of the box. In the 1930’s, Esterbrook began manufacturing interchangeable nibs, giving writers many options to express their writing to the next level. The modern Esterbrook company adapts the interchangeable nib system on the Estie collection with the MV Nib Adapter (not included with pen). Not only can the Estie be quickly interchanged with the popular #6 size nib unit, the inclusion of the MV Nib Adapter section will allow you to interchange it with vintage Esterbrook nib units.
For a custom-tailored writing experience, the Estie is also available in two nib specialty grinds. First, there's the Journaler medium stub nib from Gena Salorino of Custom Nib Studio. The Journaler is ground from a medium point into a stub tip, providing a subtle degree of line variation while being comfortable for everyday writing. If you prefer the reverse of a stub (thin downstrokes and wider horizontal lines), select the "Scribe" architect nib from nibmeister JJ Lax.
Esterbrook Estie Oversize "Cosmic Wine" Fountain Pen Specifications
- Edition: 2022 Seasonal Release
- Pen Body and Cap Material: High Grade Acrylic Resin with DiamondCast
- Cushion Screw Cap Closure seals pen to keep the ink fresh.
- Pen Length (Closed): 6.125 inches / 155.6mm
- Pen Length (Open, cap off): 5.375 inches / 136.5mm
- Pen Length (Open, cap posted): 7.375 inches / 187.3mm
- Pen Diameter (Section) : .4375 inches / 11mm
- Pen Diameter (Cap) : .656 inches / 16.7mm
- Total Weight: 1.2oz / 34g
- Nib: #6 Size Jowo Stainless Steel Nib engraved with Esterbrook 1858. Can be interchanged with other #6 size nibs.
- Fills by Cartridge or Converter (International standard - included)
- MV Nib Adapter (sold separately) allows this pen to accept vintage Esterbrook nibs.
- Cosmic Wine themed tape set and set of three charms (sold separately)
- Gift boxed with warranty.