Personalized Pens and Pencils | Goldspot Fine Writing and Gifts
Guide to Perfect Pen Personalization
Celebrate life’s milestones with an exceptional gift that the recipient will be remember and cherish throughout their lives. Personalized pens are an excellent choice for their sophistication, usefulness, and homage to traditional values. Having the gift engraved leaves a lasting impression on the individual you are presenting the item to.
Goldspot can customize most pens and organizers from our selection with initials, name, business logo or personalized message. We encounter a number of creative requests on a daily basis, most of which we can oblige easily. If you’re looking for a proper personalized pen, there are a few tips we can offer to help guide you in your selection.
- Long name? Go for Initials : On most pens, we can engrave an average of 15-20 characters (including spaces) on the pen. A monogram (three initials for the first, middle and last name) would be more appropriate for longer names.
- Pick a font style that suits the person / pen : If the item has a modern look like a Lamy, go with a sans-serif font like “Block.” For a more classical pen like an Aurora Ipsilon, a serif font like “Times” would be more appropriate. See font style samples below.
- To Period or Not to Period : From our 10+ years of experience with personalizing gifts, we have seen both ways where our customers request a period after initials, but they are usually omitted by 70% of our customers.
- The Phrase that Pays : We’ve done a large number of small phrases and messages on pens, and they are exceptionally effective at conveying a sincere, intimate message to the recipient. Try to keep the phrase under 20 characters. If it is over, and our website is not accepting the limit of characters, please do include the message in the “Special Instructions” section of our order form. Sometimes, we can accommodate a larger message in two lines or by including an engraved plate with the pen box.
- Try Dating : If you’re celebrating a significant milestone like a wedding, graduation or retirement, personalizing the item with the date of the event would be a great idea.
Please note that there are some items that we do not engrave due to the material, pattern or manufacturer's recommendations. If an item is deemed not engravable we will get in touch with you to discuss alternative options. We will also reach out to you if there is an issue with your request being able to fit on the item properly. To help with your search, we’ve made a hand-picked list of engraved pens and gifts that are recommended by our staff.
Your preferred font choice may be indicated in the order “Special Instructions“ field of the shopping cart order form. We will do our best to honor your request.
Custom Pens for Businesses and Events
Gifting a fine pen says a lot about your business and your brand. It is a functional calling card that reminds your VIP clients and employees that you invest in building value to your company’s image. Our pen selection is a step above the promotional pens you would ordinarily see at the bank or given away at a trade show booth. We’re talking high-quality pens that will make an impression on the people they are given to.
Communicate your brand’s value by putting your logo on a pen. There is no minimum to place an order with a logo, so you can order in any quantity you desire. Whether you’re a small business looking to reward your employees or a Fortune 500 company giving gifts to your best customers, we can scale a solution to meet your needs. Our in-house engraving department is perfectly capable of handling pre-production samples and quantities up to a certain size. Our network of established vendors can take care of the large-scale orders.
For inquiries over $500, we would recommend for you to contact us directly using this form below. Please indicate which item(s) you are interested in personalizing, the quantity, “need-by” date and your company contact information. A knowledgable and courteous member of our Goldspot Team will contact you promptly to discuss a quote.
Getting it correct the first time is our paramount priority. We provide digital proofs upon request for larger quantities to ensure proper placement and treatment of your logo. An engraved sample can also be arranged prior to the full production run.
Emblems and Other Personalization
Pens can also be adorned with a clip emblem. Most Cross writing instruments can be customized on the clip, crown or cap with a die-struck emblem or custom imprint. This method may cost more than traditional laser or etch engraving. Depending on the manufacturer, there may be an order minimum for emblem personalization.
Color screen or pad printing can be a viable option to match the colors of your company logo. Order minimums would apply for any screen or pad printed products. To obtain a price quote for these options, please use the contact form below to reach our corporate concierge team.
Corporate Order Inquiry Form
|*Required fields are in bold.|