Visconti's draw's inspiration from one of Van Gogh's most treasured and iconic paintings, the Café Terrace at Night. The painting depicts the terrace of the café on the Place du Forum in Arles, France and is the first painting in which Van Gogh used starry backgrounds; he went on to paint star-filled skies in ‘Starry Night Over the Rhône’ and the ‘The Starry Night’ a year later.
The Visconti ‘Café Terrace at night’ collection is made from natural resin, brought to life by blue, orange, yellow and green hues to recreate Van Gogh’s technique, emotion and mood portrayed in this remarkable painting. The meticulous selection of resins and their color mix is one of the major innovations introduced by Visconti and makes each and every Visconti Van Gogh pen unique.
Available in fountain pen, rollerball, and ballpoint, each pen is packaged in an exclusive gift box.
The palladium-plated cap band is delicately engraved. Each pen is presented in a unique gift box that is complemented with a faithfully reproduced image of the painting. The pen itself utilizes Visconti's eighteen-faceted design, the many edges enhancing the vivid colors of the pen. The Van Gogh may be personalized using Visconti's patented 'My Pen System.’
Visconti Van Gogh Fountain Pen in Cafe Terrace at Night Specifications
- Painting: Cafe Terrace at Night, 1888, Oil on Canvas
- Material: Acrylic Resin with grey and blue swirls
- Trims: Palladium-Plated (Silver)
- Capping: Magnetic Closure
- Nib Material: Stainless Steel
- Filling System: Converter or international ink Cartridge
- Dedicated ink bottle and a bookmark (included)
- Customization: My Pen System
- Length (Closed): 5.51in. / 140mm
- Diameter (Section): 0.49 in. / 12.5mm
- Diameter (Cap): 0.55in. / 14mm
- Weight: 1.23oz / 35g
- Gift boxed