Visconti is delighted to present this limited edition collection, 'QWERTY'. A pen inspired by the alphanumeric keyboard patented in 1864 by Christopher Sholes. With this pen, Visconti pays homage to a timeless system, born with typewriters, but still present today in everyday life.
Sholes designed his keyboard with the key objective to help people type faster. His solution was to separate commonly used letter pairings, such as "ST," to avoid ‘typewriter jams’, effectively allowing the typist to type faster, rather than slower.
Sholes named his keyboard 'Qwerty', which spells out the first six 'letter' keys of his iconic keyboard system.
Visconti Qwerty Fountain Pen in Silver Trim Limited Edition
- Limited Edition: 388
- Body Material: black acrylic base covered by an engraved aged silver structure and subsequently enameled
- Trim: Aged Silver
- Clip: Aged Silver, equipped with a pressure mechanism
- Nib: 18K Gold, Rutenium Color
- Filling Mechanism: Power Filler Double Reservoire
- Red and black glass ink bottle included
- Display box inspired by the first Remington typewriter