The Visconti Homo sapiens transforms into a unique demonstrator with the 'Skylight' edition.
Two Transparent windows allow the user to benefit from seeing the remaining level of ink stored and is also able to view Visconti's patented 'double reservoir' vacuum filling system.
The Homo Sapiens 'Skylight' offers all the benefits of the original Homo Sapiens Bronze Age:
- Made from volcanic lava rock, the pen is virtually unbreakable, naturally hygroscopic and very comfortable to write with
- All trims are made from natural solid bronze
- The cap closes with Visconti's patented 'hook safe lock'
- Features the soft, buttery smooth Visconti 18kt gold fountain pen nib in rose gold vermeil to match the color of the pen's trims
Sky Light Windows
Two 'Skylight' viewing windows enable the user a view of the flowing ink within the interior of the pen:
A large window cut into the pens barrel offering a view of stored ink in the larger ink reservoir (trimmed in natural bronze)
A smaller window behind the pen's grip offering a view of stored ink in the pens second smaller ink reservoir
Double Reservoir Power Filler
The single reservoir power filler in the original Homo Sapiens Bronze Age is replaced with Visconti's patented double reservoir power filler. A vacuum filling system that is easy to use and has considerable benefits.
Patented in 1998, the double reservoir power filler is undoubtedly the most advanced filling system ever developed in fountain pen history. It allows the collector to fill a fountain pen with the equivalent of up to 10 cartridges of ink, and thanks to the two reservoirs, prevents ink from leaking during air travel.
Visconti Homo Sapiens Fountain Pen in Skylight Specifications:
- Finish: Volcanic Lava and Steel
- Trim: Bronze
- Cap: Hook Safe Lock
- Filling Mechanism: Double Reservoir Power Filler
- Nib: 18kt Gold, Rose Gold vermeil coating
- Can be customized with the magnetized MyPen System
- Length Closed: 5.7in (145.7mm)
- Length Posted: 6.8in (173.4mm)
- Weight: 1.5oz (43g)
- Gift boxed