The TWSBI Classic is highly appealing in both form and function. It is slightly slimmer than the Diamond 580 and is available in three finishes: black, blue or burgundy. It's high-capacity piston filling mechanism is easily operated by twisting the knob at the end of the barrel counter-clockwise to extend the piston, submerging the nib in ink, then screwing the knob tight to retract the piston, drawing ink into the pen straight from the bottle.
It has a transparent ink window in the grip section to gage ink levels and two o-rings on the piston knob for posting the cap securely. Since it has a piston fill mechanism, it can only be filled using an ink bottle.
It comes with a wrench and a vial of silicone grease you can use for at-home maintenance. This pen may come with ink residue in the nib from being dip tested by TWSBI at the factory. As with all new fountain pens, we recommend giving your TWSBI a good cleaning before you use it.
• Pen Material: Resin and Aluminum
• Nib Material: Stainless Steel
• Cap: Postable
• Filling Mechanism: Internal Piston-Fill Mechanism
• Compatible Refills: Bottled Inks
• Pen Length, Closed: 5.39 in. / 137mm
• Pen Length, Open (Cap Off): 5.12 in. / 130mm
• Pen Length, Open (Cap Posted): 6.42 in. /163mm
• Pen Max Diameter, Barrel: 0.5 in. / 13mm
• Pen Diameter, Grip: 0.36 in. / 10mm
• Total Weight: .56oz. / 16g
• Max Ink Capacity: 1.50ml
• Packaged in clear case with a wrench and silicone grease.
• Made in Taiwan