In Medieval Europe, the only way new theories and ideas spread would be through the hand-copying of countless manuscripts. In the year 1088, the world's first university was founded in Bologna (Italy), becoming a center of cultural excellence that still attracts students from all over the world. The ancient tradition of handwriting carries on with SCRIBO's (Scrittura Bolognese) latest collection, called "La Dotta."
Similarly to the city that inspired it, La Dotta is characterized by a sinuous, rounded appearance. To achieve this shape, SCRIBO removed the facets from their first model, the "Feel," to accentuate the smoothness and grace of the pen's gently curving profile. As with the Feel, La Dotta also has a well-balanced design and a high-quality writing experience.
Scribo La Dotta Fountain Pen - Flexible 14kt Gold Nib Specifications
- Limited Production 219 handcrafted pieces
- Body Material: Mosaic green and white, Hand-Turned Acrylic Resin
- Trim: Platinum Trim
- Nib: Flexible 14 carat gold with ebonite feed
- Length Closed: 148 mm / 5.82 inches
- Length Open: 133.5 mm / 5.255 inches
- Maximum Diameter: 17 mm / 0.67 inches
- Weight: 1.29oz / 36.50g
- Cap does not post on back-end
- Filling System: Internal Piston Mechanism (bottled ink only) holds 1.42ml of ink
- Gift boxed with a pen pouch made of natural leather and cotton