The Elmo 02’s frugal minimalism was a necessity of the 1920s, but the inventiveness of the company’s first technical director provided a design that would stand on its own merit – and survive the test of time.
A century ago, Heinrich ‘Elmo’ Helm’s ingenious conical ends offered a way to dispense with expensive componentry without sacrificing decorative flair.
It’s a formula that still works today – enabling us to endow the Elmo 02 with professional performance at an enthusiast’s price.
The Elmo 02 is available as a fountain pen, rollerball and ballpoint pen. Fountain pen nib sizes are EF, F, M, B, 1.1 & 1.5 stub.
Montegrappa Elmo 02 Fountain Pen Specifications
- Finish: Jet black resin
- Trim: Polished chrome clip and trim ring
- Nib: Stainless steel nib (Jowo, number 6 size compatible)
- Filling System: International cartridge / Threaded Converter (both included)
- Pen Length Closed: 5.59 in. / 142mm
- Pen Length Open (Uncapped): 5.04 in. / 128mm
- Pen Length with Cap Posted: 6.34 in. / 161mm
- Diameter Body: 0.67 in. / 17mm
- Weight: 1.06oz / 30g
- Packaged in a Montegrappa Gift Box