In traditional Turkish art, geometrical patterns often represent heavenly bodies and celestial order. For the "Celestial" special edition fountain pen, skilled artisans at Kilk Writing Instruments crafted these intricate patterns on casted 925k sterling silver. On the cap finial top, the "Charkifelek" pattern is also known as the "Wheel of Fortune." The 12-cornered pattern on the silver band (dodecagon) refers to the complex order of the astronomic zodiac.
The Kilk "Celestial" special edition fountain pen pairs chatoyant, royal pearl acrylic resin in the cap and grip section with the ivory white of the tapered barrel. The aged, matte sterling silver metal appointments are made of a special alloy and hardened for durability. The #6 size stainless steel nib (from Bock, Germany) is fine-tuned to ensure a quality writing experience. The pen includes an international, threaded ink converter and may also accept international ink cartridges (sold separately).
Each Kilk writing instrument is packaged in a gift box with a magnetic flap and foam cut-out interior. Use the included polishing cloth to clean the sterling silver band.
Kilk Celestial Fountain Pen Specifications
- Edition: 2021 Special Edition (not numbered)
- Pen Body Material: Acrylic Resin
- Trim: 925k aged sterling silver
- Nib: Stainless Steel, #6 size made by Bock
- Filling Mechanism: International cartridge or converter (converter included)
- Cap: Unscrews with one and one-quarter turns
- Pen Length Closed: 5.47 in. / 139mm
- Pen Length Open, Cap Off: 5.08 in. / 129mm
- Pen Length Posted: Posting not Recommended
- Diameter at Section: 0.42 in. - 0.48 in. / 10.7 – 12.3 mm
- Max Diameter (Barrel): 0.59 in. / 15mm
- Total Weight: 1.19 oz. / 34g
- Gift Boxed with polishing cloth
- Made in Turkey
- Includes a 2-year manufacturer guarantee