The great battle of Edison versus Tesla, DC (direct current) versus AC (alternating current) sets the stage for our latest Goldspot-exclusive Edison Pen Co. fountain pen collection. Finely crafted in Milan, OH (the birthplace of Thomas Edison), the Newark fountain pen has a solid acrylic construction with a polished chrome clip and stainless steel nib. This 2020 regular edition is available in two charged colors, representing the two types of electric current flow in an circuit.
Since Edison's direct current is often used in battery cells to power electronic devices, the "Battery Blue" acrylic has a flecked, marbled appearance.
The lime whirls of the "High Voltage Green" represent the sine waves of Tesla's alternating current.
Edison Pen Co. fits each pen with a #6 size 18kt gold Jowo nib with a bonus stainless steel nib of matching point size. The Newark fountain pen fills using the included standard international converter. It could also use standard international cartridges (sold separately).
Edison Pen Co. Newark Fountain Pen Specifications
- Edition: Standard 2020 release. Exclusive collaboration design between Edison Pen Co. and Goldspot Pens
- Pen Material: Turned acrylic
- Clip: Polished Chrome
- Nib : #6 18kt gold nib (can be interchanged with other #6 size Jowo nib units)
- Filling System : International size Cartridge (not included) or Converter (included), eyedropper convertible
- Length Capped : 5.43 in. / 138mm
- Length Uncapped : 5.07 in. / 129mm
- Length Posted : 6.10 in. / 155mm
- Cap Diameter : 0.55 in. / 14mm
- Barrel Diameter : 0.48 in. / 12.3mm
- Section Diameter : 0.39 in. / 10mm
- Pen Weight : 0.5 oz / 14.17g
- Gift Boxed