Menlo Park, New Jersey was where Thomas Edison established his historic research and development facility. The Edison Pen Company of Milan, Ohio proudly introduces one of the most successful inventions of their signature line - the Menlo fountain pen.
Brian Grey and company turn each Menlo from a solid rod of colorful acrylic material. The body and cap have a lightweight, yet solid feel with tapered, torpedo-like rounded finials. The section tapers toward the nib and flares out in a half-donut ring before terminating. The step from the section to the barrel threads is minimal, affording the writer a longer area to grip the pen.
Edison Pen Co. fits each pen with a #6 German-made Jowo nib. The Menlo fountain pen fills using the included standard international converter. It could also use standard international cartridges (sold separately).
Edison Pen Co. Menlo Fountain Pen Specifications
- Edition: Production Line 2020 release.
- Pen Material: Turned acrylic
- Clip and cap band: Polished gold-plated appointments
- Nib : #6 Size 18kt Gold (screw-in nib unit can be interchanged with other #6 size Jowo nib units)
- Filling System : International size Cartridge (not included) or Converter (included), eyedropper convertible
- Length Capped : 5.74 in. / 145.8mm
- Length Uncapped : 5.1 in. / 129.5mm
- Length Posted : 6.53 in. / 165.9mm
- Cap Diameter : 0.55 in. / 14mm
- Barrel Diameter : 0.48 in. / 12.3mm
- Section Diameter : 0.39 in. / 10mm
- Pen Weight : 0.63 oz / 18g
- Gift Boxed.
- Made in the USA.