Rohrer & Klingner Brand Overview
The story behind Rohrer & Klingner began in 1892. A lithographer Johann Adolf Rohrer (1850 – 1918) began with the production of special graphic supplements in the city of Leipzig. Later his son Johann Adolf Rohrer junior (1880-1953) continued the manufacture of these special products and founded with his partner Felix Arthur Klingner in 1907. The cooperation is still known under the name Rohrer & Klingner Leipzig-Co. After the Second World War, the repatriate Johannes Rohrer (1916 – 1991) joined the firm to contribute both his chemical aptitude and his particular interest in arts. When he retired in 1981, he assigned management to his daughter Veronika Rohrer and his son-in-law Hubert Adamy. The company follows well established recipes, having products made by hand and combining primarily natural binding materials with the respective colorants.