Getting started, many fountain pen enthusiasts prefer the convenience of using plug-and-play ink cartridges over the bottle-fill piston mechanism. Traditionally, TWSBI's pen lineup consisted only of piston-fill fountain pens. In 2021, the Taiwanese company introduces their first entry-level cartridge/converter-filling fountain pen in the TWSBI "Swipe."
The Swipe's injection-molded resin body has a clear ink window to see the remaining ink in either the cartridge or converter. The transparent grip section gives the writer an unobstructed view into the ink flow of their pen. The Swipe includes an ink cartridge and the choice of two converters - one that is a traditional twist piston converter and another spring-loaded pump converter. The Swipe is also compatible with international ink cartridges and converters.
Starting pen enthusiasts will find a TWSBI Swipe point size they enjoy from a selection of nibs that range from extra-fine, fine, medium, broad, and a 1.1mm stub if you fancy writing some calligraphy.
TWSBI Swipe Fountain Pen Specifications
- Edition: Standard
- Pen Material: Injection-molded Resin
- Nib Material: Stainless Steel, number 4 size made by Jowo (Germany)
- Filling Mechanism: cartridge/converter (both options included)
- Pen Length, Closed: ? in. / ?mm
- Pen Length, Open (Cap Off): ? in. / ?mm
- Pen Length, Open (Cap Posted): ? in. / ?mm
- Pen Max Diameter, Barrel: ? in. / ?mm
- Pen Diameter, Grip: ? in. / ?mm
- Total Weight: ? oz. / ?g
- Made in Taiwan