It's official! We're ON for our first NJ Pen Club Meeting!
The meet will be hosted at the Hazlet Township Public Library on Saturday, May 23rd at 11am.
Proposed Agenda :
- Meet & Greet - fun icebreaker activity to allow everyone to introduce themselves.
- Inks, the good, the bad and the Noodler's - We talk favorite & least favorite inks for our pens. What makes a great ink? Which inks will you stay away from? Be sure to bring a pen or two to sample a bit of ink we'll bring.
- Snap the Perfect Pen Pic - I will lead a quick demonstration on the basics behind taking awesome photos of your pens & inks with a smartphone.
- Peruse some Pens - We'll be bringing an assortment of contemporary pens to view, handle and sample. We encourage other members to bring in their pens they would like to show as well. We ask for everyone to be respectful of each other's collection and to ask before handling.
- Planning our Next Meeting - We'll discuss the agenda of our future meeting, the main activities we can plan and open the floor to any ideas to make the club a more enjoyable experience. We'll also talk about the proposed NJ Pen Club website and social media presence.
If you haven't already received our e-mail and would like to join in on the fun, please contact email@example.com to RSVP so we know to expect you.
According to the policies of the Monmouth County Library System, we are restricted from transacting business at the meeting. However, it will be permissible for us (Goldspot) to provide you with our business cards and access to our website with an exclusive, members-only discount to purchase any of the pens and inks that you may be looking for at the meeting. We believe that this restriction will add to a more welcoming experience that isn't sales-driven.
General membership to the club is totally free. We may decide to ask for a fee for specific workshops that include nib tuning, pen repair or calligraphic handwriting when we hire an outside specialist to come and lead the workshop.