Back in 1929, Pelikan purchased the patents to the differential piston-filling mechanism, becoming the hallmark of Pelikan fountain pens for decades to come. With any new technology or design, potential customers are always interested to see how it works. Pelikan's first fountain pen to feature this revolutionary mechanism was a "demonstrator" - a transparent design that demonstrates the inner workings of the fountain pen. In the 90 years since, many other manufacturers produced similar pens, but Pelikan is the original and one of the best at their craft.
In 2018, Pelikan reintroduced the clear demonstrator with silver trims in the everyday Classic 205 special edition. These editions are not numbered, but they only exist for a limited time. With this edition coming to an end soon, we were able to secure the remaining stock and offer this sublime fountain pen at an amazing price with the bonus of an extra Italic Nib (valued at $65). Add instant calligraphic flair to your handwriting by swapping the nib. Pelikan nib and feed units easily unscrew from the grip section by turning counter-clockwise. You can see a video of how to perform this swap here.
Pelikan Classic M205 Demonstrator Fountain Pen, plus Bonus Italic Nib Set Specifications
- Pen Body Material: Clear Transparent Resin
- Nib: German-made Stainless Steel
- Bonus Nib: German-made Stainless Steel Italic Stub Point
- Trim: Silver-colored, polished metal appointments
- Filling Mechanism: Pelikan's Patented Differential Piston-Filling Mechanism (bottled ink only)
- Length Closed: 4.9 in. / 125mm
- Length Open (Cap off): 4.8 in. / 121mm
- Length Posted: 5.8 in. / 148mm
- Pen Diameter (Max): 0.52 in. / 13.3mm
- Section Diameter: 0.38 in. / 9.6mm
- Ink Capacity: 1.2ml
- Weight (without ink): 0.4oz / 11.3g
- Includes Pelikan gift box with a leatherette pouch and warranty info.