The pen so nice, they named it twice. Produced in the foothills of Bassano del Grappa, the Monte-Grappa hearkens back to the traditional design of a piston-fill fountain pen. Montegrappa's talented artisans simplified the exterior of this pen, adding vintage accents like the barrel engraving and the whale tail clip with a rolling wheel at the end. The cap band is reminiscent of a crown cork cap. A "1912" stamped metal medallion sits atop the cap finial.
Unscrewing the resin cap reveals metal barrel threads, a concave resin grip section that terminates into a trim band before the nib. Made by Jowo (Germany), the #6 size stainless steel nib performs with reliable smoothness and flow in a variety of tip sizes to suit your handwriting preference. Opposite the nib end, the blind cap operates the filling mechanism. The ratchet piston mechanism turns in place, clicking as you fill the pen. The pen has a balanced weight in-hand thanks to the curvaceous shape and added weight of the internal mechanism. The pen's cap does not post on the back-end while writing.
Montegrappa Monte-Grappa Fountain Pen Specifications
- Edition: Regular Edition
- Finish: Polished Resin
- Trim: Polished stainless steel wheel clip and cap trim ring.
- Nib: Stainless steel nib (Jowo, number 6 size compatible)
- Filling System: Ratchet Piston Mechanism (bottled ink only, ink not included)
- Pen Length Capped: 5.35 in. / 136mm
- Pen Length Open (Uncapped): 4.92 in. / 125mm
- Pen Length with Cap Posted: Cap does not post
- Diameter Body: 0.55 in. / 14mm
- Diameter Grip Section: 0.39 in. / 10mm
- Weight: 1.3oz / 36.9g
- Packaged in a Montegrappa Gift Box.