Experience pure joy with the warmth and vibrance of the Esterbrook Estie in Sunflower marbled acrylic. This pen is like a ray of sunshine that glows with chatoyance in the light. Introduced in November of 2021, this seasonal Estie is here for the harvest and won't be around for long.
The Esterbrook Pen Company, a true American Original, is rewriting its long success story in modern times with a fresh new pen collection based on a complete rebranding. Titled "Estie," a kind of nick name for Esterbrook, is a tribute to the brand and its storied history. The Estie has a powerful silhouette and understated design with a tapered profile and sleek pocket clip. The high-grade acrylic resin body and cap have a vintage appeal. The generous size and feel of this pen are heightened by the cushion cap closure that keeps your nib writing fresh every time.
Speaking of the nib, a no. 6 size stainless steel, German-made nib flows beautifully right out of the box. In the 1930’s, Esterbrook began manufacturing interchangeable nibs, giving writers many options to express their writing to the next level. The modern Esterbrook company adapts the interchangeable nib system on the new Estie collection with the MV Nib Adapter (not included with pen). Not only can the Estie be quickly interchanged with the popular #6 size nib unit, but the inclusion of the MV Nib Adapter section will also allow you to interchange it with vintage Esterbrook nib units.
For a custom-tailored writing experience, the Estie is also available in two nib specialty grinds. First, there's the Journaler medium stub nib from Gena Salorino of Custom Nib Studio. The Journaler is ground from a medium point into a stub tip, providing a subtle degree of line variation while being comfortable for everyday writing. If you prefer the reverse of a stub (thin downstrokes and wider horizontal lines), select the "Scribe" architect nib from nibmeister JJ Lax.
Esterbrook Estie Sunflower Fountain Pen Specifications
- Edition: 2021 Seasonal Edition
- Pen Body and Cap Material: High Grade Acrylic Resin
- Cushion Screw Cap Closure seals pen to keep the ink fresh.
- Pen Length (Closed): 5.875 inches / 149mm
- Pen Length (Open, cap off): 5 inches / 127mm
- Pen Length (Open, cap posted): 6.75 inches / 171.5mm
- Pen Diameter (Section) : .4375 inches / 11mm
- Pen Diameter (Cap) : .594 inches / 15.08mm
- Total Weight: 0.8oz / 22.7g
- Nib: #6 Size Jowo Stainless Steel Nib engraved with Esterbrook 1858. Can be interchanged with other #6 size nibs.
- Fills by Cartridge or Converter (International standard - included)
- MV Nib Adapter (sold separately) allows this pen to accept vintage Esterbrook nibs.
- Gift boxed with warranty.