Achieve a new level of expressive writing with the handmade quality of this flex enabled fountain pen. Designed by Pierre Miller of Desiderata Pens, the Precession fountain pen is engineered to provide vintage, wet-noodle like flex writing in a modern fountain pen. Pierre's handmade, proprietary ebonite feed permits a smooth flow of ink to keep up with the flex demand. Originally designed as a flexible dip nib, the installed Zebra G-Nib (chrome) provides a writing experience unlike any other flex nib on the market.
Machined from translucent acrylic, the Precession has a wild look and performs like a beast. The pen appears transparent in some areas, opaque in others, and chatoyant at the same time. A minimalist, stainless steel wire clip has springiness and pliability to attach to pen loops, pockets, and clothing. A subtle laser engraving on the barrel identifies the pen with Desiderata's brand mark.
Fill the Precession with bottled fountain pen ink using the vacumatic-style, Pump Piston™ mechanism. No sac or diaphragm that could wear out over time. Remove the blind cap to reveal and operate the spring-loaded plunger. The capacity of this pen can hold up to 1.5ml of ink.
Please Note: Zebra G-Nibs do need to be replaced over time and use. Newly installed nibs need to be primed for optimal writing performance. Pierre has a video to show proper preparation of the nib. For the Desiderata Pen Flex Nib User manual, click here: https://www.desideratapens.com/usermanual/
Desiderata Pen Company Precession in Tiger Pearl Acrylic Fountain Pen Specifications
- Special Collaboration between Goldspot Pens and Pierre from Desiderata Pens. Limited to 30 pieces. 2019 Edition
- Pen Material: Semi-translucent orange and black acrylic.
- Clip: 304 stainless steel wire clip
- Nib: Zebra G-Nib chrome flexible calligraphy nib with custom-made ebonite feed
- Filling Mechanism: Spring-loaded vacuum-filler (bottled ink only)
- Pen Length Closed: 5.95 in. / 151mm
- Pen Length Open (Cap Off): 5.36 in. / 136.2mm
- Pen Length Open (Cap Posted): 6.69 in. / 170mm
- Pen Barrel Diameter: 0.44 in . / 11.2mm
- Pen Grip Section Diameter: 0.35 in. - 0.4 in. / 9mm - 10.2mm
- Pen Weight: 0.6 oz / 17g
- Gift boxed with 5, 2ml fountain pen ink samples.
- Handmade in Chicago, U.S.A. by Pierre Miller of the Desiderata Pen Company.