Originally introduced in 1942, the Corsair is a World War II American fighter aircraft. Retro 51 immortalizes the airplane in pen form with the "Corsair" design Tornado rollerball pen. The metal Tornado pen body is acid-etched and printed with graphics to recreate the aesthetics of the fighter.
Find a point size that best suits your handwriting style. In 2019, Retro 51 upgraded their nib units to Jowo #6 size stainless steel and have a more comfortable, contoured section to hold. Choose between using international size ink cartridges or fill with any bottled fountain pen ink using the included converter.
Retro 1951 Tornado Corsair Fountain Pen Specifications
- Edition: Regular edition. Not numbered or limited.
- Finish: Acid-etched metal with color printing.
- Trim: Polished black-plated trims
- Nib: Jowo #6 size stainless steel nib
- Filling System: International Cartridge or Converter (Included)
- Pen Length Capped: 5.38 in. / 136.7mm
- Pen Length Open (Uncapped): 4.96 in. / 125.9mm
- Pen Length with Cap Posted: 6.2 in. / 157.6mm
- Diameter Body: 0.46 in. / 11.8mm
- Diameter Grip Section: 0.36 in. / 9.1mm
- Weight: 1.2oz / 34g
- Packaged in a matching graphic tube.