In the year 1700, J. Herbin created The "Jewel of Inks" in his little shop on the Rue des Fosses Saint-Germain in Paris. The J. Herbin brand is the oldest name in fine pen inks in the world. J. Herbin inks are pH Neutral and are comprised of all natural dyes. This natural composition and delicate balance of ingredients is the essence of any fine ink that stands the test of time.
Each bottle of 30 ml (1 oz) ink, known as "D bottle pen inks" is elegantly labeled and the bottle features an integrated pen rest area. The "D" refers to the old French unit of measure, "la Demi Courtine".