Ballpoint. Rollerball. Fountain Pen. Mechanical Pencil. Parker's 5th Mode writing technology breaks the traditional pen mold with a writing experience like no other. At the heart of the Parker Ingenuity pen is the 5th mode cartridge, which can be best described as a flexible, fiber tip fineliner. Sliding the cartridge into the brass inner barrel of the pen, the tip slide underneath the metal hood of the pen's tip. Aesthetically, the tip looks like a fountain pen nib. The tip responds with a featherlight touch, providing an even flow of ink that dries quickly, preventing smudging. If you like to provide a slight bit more hand pressure, the tip responds with a gentle give.
The Parker Ingenuity 5th mode pen is a substantial writing instrument that provides an executive-level quality in its luxury finish and hefty profile. The tapered, cylindrical shape has brass as its foundation, which is then coated in rubberized lacquer and trimmed in polished chrome appointments. The pen's large stature and significant weight in-hand will be noticed when you pick it up to sign important documents, take notes or write in a journal. Removing the cap with the iconic Parker arrow clip will reveal the 5th mode section. The chrome section is ribbed and tapers down toward the nib-shaped hood where the 5th mode tip protrudes.
Parker Ingenuity 5th Mode Specifications
- Finish: Rubberized matte lacquer over brass with chrome appointments and signature Parker arrow clip.
- Includes 5th mode ink cartridge in black, fine point.
- Pen Length Closed: 5.5 in. / 139.7mm
- Pen Length Open: 5 in. / 127mm
- Pen Length Cap Posted: 6.55 in. / 166.4mm
- Pen Maximum Diameter: 0.5 in. / 14mm
- Weight: 1.6oz / 45.36g
- Additional 5th mode refills are available in black or blue ink, medium or fine point sizes, sold separately.
- All Ingenuity pens are gift boxed in a deluxe Parker presentation box.