Hey Pen Friends,
One of our dear fans and walk-in customers - Karen, asked if she could share her list of items that she uses in her Pen Toolbox with our readers here. She had recently rekindled her love of fountain pens and dove in headfirst into the fountain pen frenzy.
Here is what she uses to fill, maintenance and use with her writing instruments.
- Silicone Grease
- Paper Towels
- Blotting Paper
- Rubber gripper sheeting (dollar store)
- Nib smoothing Sheets or Sticks
- Jeweler's Loupe (10x, 20x or 30x)
- Heavy Steel Needle Nose Tweezers
- Ear Syringe
- O-Rings / Washers
- Nib Tin (storage for extra nibs, Altoids container works well)
- Eyedropper (for filling & mixing inks)
- Ink Sample Vials (for traveling & mixing inks)
- Brass Nib Shim (for cleaning between tines)
- Simichrome Polish (for cleaning and shining nibs, also removes ink stains)
- X-Acto Knife
- Replacement rollerball tips
- Ink Syringe Kit
- Ultrasonic Jewelery Cleaner
- Phone #'s and Websites of some pen experts
- Bag of Silica Gel packets (sucks out excess water)
Thanks, Karen for that lovely list. If anyone else would like to share "what's in their Pen Toolbox," please e-mail us at email@example.com with the subject line "My Pen Toolbox." You can also leave a comment below with some items that are your personal favorites and what you use them for.